Blogs I follow

Followers

Quotes

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Feeling Blessed

As I am cleaning up our school room for the night in order for us to start fresh Monday morning... I set back and realized how blessed our family has been. In starting this journey we had almost nothing to get us ready for homeschooling. It all came together rather quickly with the collecting of items. Some items I collected over the months before even knowing we would be a homeschooling family. A neighbor asked me one day, "Hey do you want all this furniture? We don't want it and are just gonna throw it out." Umm... YEAH! It sat in my garage for months with no idea what to do with it. I can tell you now every single piece is being put to use now. A friend from Church was giving away TONS of books while cleaning out her garage. She was just gonna donate them and I kinda felt bad asking if I could just have them thinking we love books and collect them and are needing some new ones as we keep reading the same ones over and over. Now those books are our curriculum! They are books about Science, Reading, The Book of Mormon, Geography, History, Animals and so on. Then we were given by another church friend vhs tapes of  The Living Scriptures. Those cost tons of money!! I didn't have a vcr but expressed to those I was close to that I needed one and got one within a couple of weeks completely free. That same friend also gave me some books for 5th grade curriculum. And now we were given an extra computer! Two computers in our household is going to help our school days go alot faster with half of our curriculum being online! This room would not have been this filled if it wasn't for those who felt so generous! <3 So THANK YOU!!!

Here are a few photos:








No comments:

Post a Comment